The Leibniz Institute for Research on Society and Space (IRS) in Erkner (near Berlin) offers a position
Project management (m/f /div.) of the RurAction project (E12 TV-L)
25 hours per week
beginning on March 1st, 2020 and ending on February 28th, 2021.
RurAction is an EU-funded Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions/European Training Network project and
involves 9 beneficiaries from Germany, Denmark, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Greece and Portugal. The
holder of the position will provide support to the project coordinator in the administration and day
to day management of the “Social Enterpreneurship in Structurally Weak Rural Regions: Analysing
Innovative Troubleshooters in Action” (RurAction, www.ruraction.eu) project.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
– Timely preparation and distribution of requests for information and documentation to the
EU, project partners and affiliated entities.
– Maintain project plan, monitoring research progress together with the doctoral students
and their supervisors (publications and presentations), ensuring conformance with deliverables and milestones.
Support Researchers and Boards
– Provide feedback to the coordinator on the research and training plans of researchers, and
provide administrative support through the timely preparation and distribution of notices,
agendas and minutes.
– Oversee overall resource distribution and associated expenditure for the Common Budget
– Monitor project finances and financial reporting for the final report
– Draft, prepare, archive and submit project documentation (final report to EU), integrate and
coordinate contributions from partners.
– Provide administrative support to the network for the organisation of the Spring School in
Mai 2020 in Greece and the Final Conference in September 2020 in Germany.
– Provide administrative support to the organisation of the German Policy Round Table in
– Maintenance of the project’s website and Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts
– Provide administrative support for the dissemination activities of the network (documentary film, policy round tables, handbook for social entrepreneurs, policy brief etc.)
The holder of the position will provide a key supporting role in the overall coordination and implementation of the last year of the RurAction project, ensuring that the objectives of the project are
achieved in line with the specific provisions of the Grant Agreement, the
Consortium Agreement and the Partnership Agreements.
Qualifications, experiences and skills:
Bachelor degree, preferably in social sciences/humanities
Project management experience, preferably of EU (MSCA) projects
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills (both English and German)
to effect and maintain good partnership collaboration
Ability to prioritise own workload and work to specified deadlines under pressure
Ability and flexibility to react adequately to changes in the project plan or to partner/EU requirements
Calm and efficient approach to meet project and partner demands and deadlines
The position offers:
Excellent institutional and transnational working environment
Salary corresponding to TVL 12
Please send your application in English with the reference number 3519 until January 5, 2020 as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IRS is explicitly committed to the principle of equal opportunities. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Handicapped people will be preferentially considered in case of equivalent qualifications. The IRS supports the compatibility of career and family and was certified as a family-orientedemployer in 2015.
For further information please contact
Prof. Dr. Gabriela Christmann (email@example.com ) or Marie-Julie Jacquemot (firstname.lastname@example.org).